MULTI-REFLECTIVE ATTENUATED TOTAL REFLECTION FTIR (ATR-FTIR) SERVICES
In ATR-FTIR (Attenuated Total Reflection — Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy), the sample lies on a crystal that guides the light to bounce on the sample’s surface multiple times. One advantage of ATR-IR over transmission-IR, is the limited path length into the sample, allowing to sample the very top of the sample’s surface (~1µm) with high signal to noise ratio.
This is often used as a non-destructive fingerprinting method.
USES & LIMITATIONS FOR ATR-FTIR:
- What it is great for:
- Identifying surface contamination
- Identifying top-most thin film layer in a stack
- Measuring thin films (typically 100 nm and up)
INSTRUMENTS WE USE FOR ATR-FTIR
Smart iTR™ Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR) Sampling Accessory
- Eliminate sample preparation while retaining exceptional throughput with the ultra-high-performance, versatile Smart iTR Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR) Sampling Accessory.
- Primarily designed for use with a single bounce diamond crystal, the Smart iTR Accessory also offers other options for full configurability. It provides exceptional sensitivity and IR throughput.