June 27, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA – Covalent Metrology has grown more than 300% over the past year, driven by strong demand for its imaging, characterization and analysis services. Covalent is now investing heavily to meet broader customer needs. The Company is acquiring multiple new analytical instruments, expanding its Silicon Valley lab, launching a customer data portal, and expanding its partnership with Rigaku Corporation to showcase world class X-ray characterization tools.
In late May, the Company closed on a fully-subscribed Series A financing round, which has enabled Covalent to acquire new instruments to address additional customer needs, including:
- Film thickness and materials composition analysis: a state-of-the-art Rigaku AZX 400 WD-XRF spectrometer with automated 200mm and 300mm wafer loading (late July).
- Optical characterization of materials and films: a fully-equipped Perkin Elmer LAMBDA 1050 UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotomer (early July).
- Identification of organic materials / contaminants: Thermo Scientific’s Nicolet 6700 Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometer (early July).
- Characterizing water contact angle and abrasion resistance: Linear and circular abrasion systems from Taber Industries and an Ossila Contact Angle Goniometer with a high resolution camera and automated dispenser (available now).
- The full list of services & prices is here.
Additionally, Covalent is expanding its facility at 921 Thompson Place in Sunnyvale, increasing its footprint by approximately 50%, to accomodate new tools and staff.
Craig Hunter, CEO of Covalent Metrology, commented, “2019 is proving to be a banner year for Covalent. The whole team is energized to see our strategy embraced by both customers and investors. Yet, we have barely scratched the surface of demonstrating how an analytical service lab can be a game-changing partner for materials scientists and engineers. Stay tuned.“
Covalent was founded with the simple idea that materials science innovators need timely, high quality data, packaged together with insights and analysis and delivered with 21st century business models and digital tools. Covalent’s customer list has reached 200 companies and continues to grow by 10 to 15 new customers each month. Just three years from its founding, Covalent has become a compelling development partner and viable one-stop-shop for advanced analytical services.
For more information call (408) 498-4611 or visit the Company’s website at https://www.covalentmetrology.com.