Do you think you might be a good fit for this position? We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume in an email to:
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Covalent Metrology is a high growth analytical services lab seeking to empower our materials science and nanotech customers with outstanding data (optical, chemical, physical, electrical) and insights. Covalent is seeking to hire a world class FIB-SEM Engineer. The work environment is fast paced with firm deadlines and a dedicated team.
- Asist the SEM/FIB Technology Leader as necessary for the day-to-day performance of the SEM/FIB group.
- Perform daily SEM, FIB, and EDS data acquisition to support client project completion.
- Develop methods and determine (in consultation with the Technology Leader) the optimum technique to obtain the client desired results.
- Perform data analysis and create reports that answer client questions.
- Provide detailed pass down to the people in next shift to make smooth shift transition.
- Make contributions to optimize the existing Lab procedures and maintain the lab environment within the scope of safety requirement.
- Participate in client-facing interactions, reviewing analytical results that help clients solve problems
- Skilled experience and proven knowledge in SEM operations are required.
- Experience with FIB operation and EDS analysis is preferred.
- Strong background in materials science, physics or chemistry is preferred.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and hardworking in learning new technology and knowledge.
- Be a phenomenal teammate to work with other Covalent engineers to advance the technology development.
- Experience in creative problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to use common office software as well as typical software for SEM operation and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- BS with 3+ years of experience or a MS in Materials Science, Physics, or related field.
Covalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates with diverse experience sets to apply.
Covalent participates in E-Verify.
More About Covalent
Covalent Metrology’s mission is to level the playing field and ensure that clients of all sizes have access to outstanding data generated quickly and cost-effectively. High quality experimental data is the lifeblood of any successful commercial R&D program. Too many companies operate blindly without critical data because the proper tool is not available in-house and sending samples out to service labs can be slow, frustrating, and expensive. Data that is generated in-house can be unreliable or imprecise if tools are not properly calibrated, are obsolete, in disrepair or not properly operated.
Covalent’s Analytical Services and Metrology Partners units are open for business and on a mission to provide and enable better, faster, and cheaper data for every client. Covalent now has over 500 customers in 30+ industries and a new 24,000 ft2 lab in Sunnyvale, CA houses >$10M in state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to be part of creating our future!