Do you think you might be a good fit for this position? We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume in an email to:
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Covalent Metrology is a high growth analytical services lab seeking to empower our materials science and nanotech customers with outstanding data (optical, chemical, physical, electrical) and insights. Covalent is seeking to hire a world class FIB-SEM Technician. The work environment is fast paced with firm deadlines and a dedicated team.
- Asist the SEM/FIB team as necessary for the day-to-day performance of the SEM/FIB group.
- Perform daily SEM, FIB, and EDS data acquisition to support client project completion.
- Perform data analysis and create results driven reports that answer client questions.
- Provide detailed pass down to the people in next shift to make smooth shift transition.
- Collecting data on tool and working collaboratively with tech team members.
- Skilled experience and proven knowledge in SEM operations are required.
- Experience with FIB operation and EDS analysis is preferred.
- Strong background in materials science, physics or chemistry is preferred.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and hardworking in learning new technology and knowledge.
- Be a phenomenal teammate to work with other Covalent employees to advance the technology development.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Open to shift work
- AA with 3+ years of experience or a BS in Materials Science, Physics, or related field.
Covalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates with diverse experience sets to apply.
Covalent participates in E-Verify.
More About Covalent
Covalent Metrology’s mission is to level the playing field and ensure that clients of all sizes have access to outstanding data generated quickly and cost-effectively. High quality experimental data is the lifeblood of any successful commercial R&D program. Too many companies operate blindly without critical data because the proper tool is not available in-house and sending samples out to service labs can be slow, frustrating, and expensive. Data that is generated in-house can be unreliable or imprecise if tools are not properly calibrated, are obsolete, in disrepair or not properly operated.
Covalent’s Analytical Services and Metrology Partners units are open for business and on a mission to provide and enable better, faster, and cheaper data for every client. Covalent now has over 500 customers in 30+ industries and a new 24,000 ft2 lab in Sunnyvale, CA houses >$10M in state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to be part of creating our future!