Laboratory Analyst, Cross Section and Sample Prep
Do you think you might be a good fit for this position? We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume in an email to:
Covalent Metrology is seeking a skilled Cross-Section Technician in the field of metrology and failure analysis sample preparation. Tackle some of the most challenging issues facing the electronics and semiconductor industries in all stages of productization, including R&D, design, manufacturing, accelerated life testing, scaling, field support, field failures, and more.
- Inspect and document incoming samples, identifying defects, damages, or other anomalies.
- Pot and polish a variety of samples, including PCBAs, ICs, semiconductor die, metallurgical samples, polymers, ceramics, and more.
- Generate written reports with findings and meaningful conclusions.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects between related teams.
- Work in a highly team-oriented environment to efficiently provide high-quality data to help client resolve their issues.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to synchronize with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to ensure project completion and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong and clear communication skills
- University degree (BA/BS, or AA) in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or related field.
- Hands-on work experience, e.g. automotive, aerospace, marine mechanic, mechanical system installation/management, etc.
- Experience in the fields of consumer electronics, PCB manufacturing, and/or semiconductors
- Experience in failure analysis, including electronic hardware/semiconductor fault isolation, chemical/material analysis, metallurgical failure analysis, polymer analysis, or related fields
- Optical microscopy
- X-ray inspection
- Electrical testing of passive and active electronic components
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS/EDX)
- Chemical etching and delayering of semiconductors
- Semiconductor and PCB parallel lapping
- Plasma etching
- Electrical micro-probing
Working at Covalent
Covalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidartes with diverse experience sets to apply.
Covalent participates in E-Verify.
More About Covalent
Covalent Metrology’s mission is to level the playing field and ensure clients of all sizes can access outstanding data generated quickly and cost-effectively. High-quality experimental data is the lifeblood of any successful program. Too many companies operate blindly without critical data because the proper tool is not available in-house, and sending samples out to service labs can be slow, frustrating, and expensive. Data generated in-house can be unreliable or imprecise if tools are not correctly calibrated, are obsolete, in disrepair, or not properly operated.
Covalent’s Analytical Services and Metrology Partners units are open for business and on a mission to provide and enable better, faster, and cheaper data for every client. Covalent now has over 500 customers in 20+ industries, and a new 24,000 ft lab in Sunnyvale, CA houses >$10M in state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.