Laboratory Analyst, X-ray Group
Do you think you might be a good fit for this position? We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume in an email to:
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Covalent Metrology is seeking a Laboratory Analyst, X-ray who will support the X-ray team in delivering x-ray data and analysis, implementing solutions and projects as requested.
- Drives high quality, timely outputs and adheres to a tight machine schedule
- Executes internal SOPs on repeat analytical projects and builds reports from templates
- Processes characterization data, applies quantification tools and effectively presents and communicates results
- Provides continuous feedback to the team on system performance, features and potential issues
- Maintains a safe laboratory environment in accordance with EH&S polies
- Ability to cross train in additional characterization techniques outside of the X-ray group
Skills and Competencies
- General understanding of material science and physics
- Relevant experience in X-raytechniques: XRD, XRR, XRF, X-Ray Imaging
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communicationskillsand ability to influence cross functionally and with external stakeholders
- Customer-focused mindset and interpersonal skills a must
Experience and Education
- University degree (B.S./B.A.) in Materials Science, Geology, or relevant applied science field and 2+ years relevant experience
- Professional references required
Covalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates with diverse experience sets to apply.
Covalent participates in E-Verify.
More About Covalent
Covalent Metrology’s mission is to level the playing field and ensure that clients of all sizes have access to outstanding data generated quickly and cost-effectively. High quality experimental data is the lifeblood of any successful commercial R&D program. Too many companies operate blindly without critical data because the proper tool is not available in-house and sending samples out to service labs can be slow, frustrating, and expensive. Data that is generated in-house can be unreliable or imprecise if tools are not properly calibrated, are obsolete, in disrepair or not properly operated.
Covalent’s Analytical Services and Metrology Partners units are open for business and on a mission to provide and enable better, faster, and cheaper data for every client. Covalent now has over 500 customers in 20+ industries and a new 24,000 ft lab in Sunnyvale, CA houses >$10M in state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.