TEM Lamella Prep Engineer
Do you think you might be a good fit for this position? We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume in an email to:
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Covalent Metrology is seeking a TEM Lamella Prep Engineer who will support the TEM team and provide support to support Covalent services, implementing solutions and projects as requested.
- Perform high quality TEM/SEM product operations, including the development of new techniques particularly those in the material science and analytical analysis marketplace.
- Providing technical product expertise assistance with all phases of the customer interaction cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high-level customer interface for specific Sample/technique issues, explaining complex technology details, creating in depth technical reports and presentations.
- Provide continuous feedback to the team on system performance, features, and potential issues, troubleshoot and escalate as necessary to maintain system update and availability
Skills and Competencies
- High level understanding of material science, device processing and failure analysis techniques.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with TEM sample prep is required. (Planner TEM prep, Inverted TEM prep, ultra-thin samples (less than 20nm)
- Familiarity or experience with SEM, FIB.
- Preference for experience with advanced techniques such as planar sample prep, inverted sample or lamella prep.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
- Proven ability to interact with cross – functional and cross – cultural teams
Experience and Education
- Requires a BS in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics and or relevant engineering
Covalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates with diverse experience sets to apply.
Covalent participates in E-Verify.
More About Covalent
Covalent Metrology’s mission is to level the playing field and ensure that clients of all sizes have access to outstanding data generated quickly and cost-effectively. High quality experimental data is the lifeblood of any successful commercial R&D program. Too many companies operate blindly without critical data because the proper tool is not available in-house and sending samples out to service labs can be slow, frustrating, and expensive. Data that is generated in-house can be unreliable or imprecise if tools are not properly calibrated, are obsolete, in disrepair or not properly operated.
Covalent’s Analytical Services and Metrology Partners units are open for business and on a mission to provide and enable better, faster, and cheaper data for every client. Covalent now has over 500 customers in 20+ industries and a new 24,000 ft lab in Sunnyvale, CA houses >$10M in state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.