Digital Optical Microscopy (VHX)
Optical microscopy is ubiquitous in diverse fields within academic research and commercial industries. It is an affordable, rapid analytical imaging technique used to visualize samples. While optical microscopes may be common, many instruments fall far short on performance when compared with the cutting-edge digital microscope systems available at Covalent.
- High spatial resolution
- Highly accurate and reproducible, in-situ, automated measurement of critical dimension
- Widest possible depth-of-field (without cross-sectioning) among direct imaging / microscopy techniques
- Rapid imaging and analysis easily adapted for high-throughput
- Multi-modal illumination controls for enhanced feature contrast
- Reduced spatial resolution compared to atomic force microscopy (AFM) / scanning probe microscopy (SPM), and some other optical profilometry methods