UV-VIS-NIR SPECTROPHOTOMETRY SERVICES
Ultraviolet-visible-near infrared (UV-VIS-NIR) spectrophotometry is used for reflectance (R) and transmittance (T) measurements across the ultra-violet, visible and near-infrared spectrum. UV-VIS-NIR spectroscopy is a robust analytical technique to determine the optical properties (transmittance, reflectance and absorbance) of liquids and solids. For example, UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometry can assess the effectiveness of anti-reflective coatings for solar cells and uniformity of system response across the visible spectrum.
APPlICATION AREAS FOR UV-VIS-NIR:
Companies in optics (components, coatings including anti-reflective, and high-reflection coatings), displays, solar, coatings, and semiconductors are frequent users of our UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometry lab services.
MEASUREMENTS TAKEN FROM UV-VIS-NIR:
- Optical constants:
- Reflectance (R) and Transmittance (T)
- Refractive index (n) and Extinction Coefficient (k) (accessible through modeling)
- Film thickness 100nm-1um (~Å accuracy)
USES & LIMITATIONS OF UV-VIS-NIR:
- What it is great for:
- Excellent complement to Spectral Ellipsometry for collecting data for refined optical modeling
- Can measure samples down to a 3mm diameter with our custom apertures
Contact us for more information regarding our UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometry lab services.