Pulsed RF Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy eBook
Click below to download this eBook
Until now GD-OES was not able to perform direct thickness measurement or to characterize complex materials involving organic/inorganic layer and temperature sensitive materials. But that was until now…
Pulsed RF GDOES relies upon the most recent and comprehensive GD instrument from HORIBA Scientific. In this instrument, the GD plasma is still combined with high resolution optics but the powering of the plasma is done by Pulsed RF. With pulsed RF GDOES not only has the range of applications of GD been drastically increased but also the task for obtaining quantitative depth profiles has been simplified.
Pulsed RF GDOES will answer in minutes multiple questions such as:
- Which elements are present in the sample?
- What are the concentration levels?
- Is the sample homogeneous in depth?
- Were any coatings or surface treatments applied to the sample?
- How thick are the coatings?
- Is there any contamination at an interface?
- Is there any oxidation of the sample?
- Is there any diffusion in the layers?