Porosimetry (also called “Gas Adsorption,” “Physisorption” Analysis, or “BET Analysis”) is a highly flexible and accurate technique for measuring specific surface area, pore sizes / size distribution, and overall porosity of solid samples as well as active metal area, dispersion, and crystallite size for materials with gas-reactive surfaces like catalysts. These can impact electrical, physical, and thermal properties and affect the overall performance of devices and systems.
Capillary Flow Porometry (or Porometry) is an alternative porosity measurement technique better suited for permeable samples.
- Efficient characterization of solid sample surface area, porosity, pore size distribution, active metal area, dispersion and crystallite size
- Highly accurate, detailed, and reproducible
- Accommodates high-throughput analysis
- Automated sample preparation to maximize precision
- Not optimized for large pore sizes (greater than 0.5 μm)